Re: Best upgrade strategy

If your monitor nodes are separate from the osd nodes, I'd get ceph
upgraded to the latest point release of your current line (0.94.7).
Upgrade monitors, then osds, then other dependent services (mds, rgw,
qemu).
Once everything is happy again, I'd run OS and ceph upgrades together,
starting with monitors, then osds, and (again) dependent services.
Keep in mind, that you'll want to chown all of the ceph data in there
while you're doing this (per the upgrade notes).

If they're combined, I'd probably upgrade ceph, then the OS. First
from 0.94.5 to 0.94.7, then to Jewel, then I'd upgrade the OS version.
Standard order still applies, monitors->osds->dependent services.
--
Adam