Re: Fwd: [Ceph-community] Wasting the Storage capacity when using Ceph based On high-end storage systems

The other option is to scale out rather than scale up. I'm currently building nodes based on a fast Xeon E3 with 12 Drives in 1U. The MB/CPU is very attractively priced and the higher clock gives you much lower write latency if that is important. The density is slightly lower, but I guess you gain an advantage in more granularity of the cluster.