Re: Public and Private network over 1 interface

Hi,

keep it simple, would be in my opinion devide different tasks to
different servers and networks.

The more stuff is running on one device, the higher is the chance that
they will influence each other and this way make debugging harder.

Our first setup's had all ( mon, osd, mds ) on one server. Ending up
that its hardware to debug. Because you dont know, if its caused by the
mon, or maybe the kernel, or maybe just because of a combination of
kernel + osd, the mds is kernel dumping ?!

Same with the network. If you have big numbers of stuff flowing there,
you have big numbers to keep an eye on, with cross-side effects, which
will not be helpful to debug stuff fastly.

So, if you want to keep stuff simply, make one device for one task.

Of course, there is a natural balance between efficiency and deviding
like that. I would also not ( like to ) buy a new switch for big money,
just because i run out of ports ( while i have still so much bandwidth
on it ).

But on the other hand, in my humble opinion, the factor of how easy it
is to debug and how big the chance of cross side effects is, is a big,
considerable factor.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best regards

Oliver Dzombic
IP-Interactive

mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anschrift:

IP Interactive UG ( haftungsbeschraenkt )
Zum Sonnenberg 1-3
63571 Gelnhausen

HRB 93402 beim Amtsgericht Hanau
Geschäftsführung: Oliver Dzombic