Re: Public and Private network over 1 interface

> Op 23 mei 2016 om 21:53 schreef Brady Deetz <bdeetz@xxxxxxxxx>:
>

> TLDR;
> Has anybody deployed a Ceph cluster using a single 40 gig nic? This is
> discouraged in
> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/configuration/network-config-ref/
>
> "One NIC OSD in a Two Network Cluster:
> Generally, we do not recommend deploying an OSD host with a single NIC in a
> cluster with two networks. --- [cut] --- Additionally, the public network
> and cluster network must be able to route traffic to each other, which we
> don’t recommend for security reasons."

I still don't agree with that part of the docs.

Imho the public and cluster network make 99% of the setups more complex. This make it harder to diagnose problems while a simple, single, flat network is easier to work with.

I like the approach of a single machine with a single NIC. That machine will be up or down. Not in a state where one of the networks might be failing.

Keep it simple is my advice.

Wido