Re: failing to respond to cache pressure

FWIW, when we tested CephFS at ORNL a couple of years ago we were doing about 4-6GB/s on relatively non-optimal hardware (pretty much maxing the hardware out on writes, though only about 50-60% on reads). What you are experiencing isn't necessarily reflective of how a healthy cluster will perform. Certainly if you have degraded PGs you are going to see lower performance than you would if your cluster was healthy. The first step is probably figuring out why your cluster is unhealthy.

Mark