Starting a cluster with one OSD node

Hello,

I have a quick and probably dumb question… We would like to use Ceph for our storage, I was thinking of a cluster with 3 Monitor and OSD nodes.  I was wondering if it was a bad idea to start a Ceph cluster with just one OSD node (10 OSDs, 2 SSDs), then add more nodes as our budget allows?  We want to spread out the purchases of the OSD nodes over a month or two but I would like to start moving data over ASAP.

Cheers,
Mike