Re: Weighted Priority Queue testing

Hello,

On Thu, 12 May 2016 15:41:13 +0000 Scottix wrote:

> We have run into this same scenarios in terms of the long tail taking
> much longer on recovery than the initial.
>
> Either time we are adding osd or an osd get taken down. At first we have
> max-backfill set to 1 so it doesn't kill the cluster with io. As time
> passes by the single osd is performing the backfill. So we are gradually
> increasing the max-backfill up to 10 to reduce the amount of time it
> needs to recover fully. I know there are a few other factors at play
> here but for us we tend to do this procedure every time.

Yeah, as I wrote in my original mail "This becomes even more obvious when
backfills and recovery settings are lowered".

However my test cluster is at the default values, so it starts with a
(much too big) bang and ends with a whimper, not because it's throttled
but simply because there are so few PGs/OSDs to choose from.
Or so it seems, purely from observation.

Christian