Re: osds udev rules not triggered on reboot (jewel, jessie)

Le 27/04/2016 13:51, Karsten Heymann a écrit :
Hi Loris,

thank you for your feedback. As I plan to go productive with the
cluster later this year I'm really hesitant to update udev and systemd
to a version newer than jessie, especially as there is no official
backport for those packages yet. I really would expect ceph to work
out of the box with the version in jessie, so I'd rather try to find
the cause of the problem and help fixing it.

That's my plan too, updating was just a troubleshoting method. ;)

best regards

Hi Karsten,

I've had the same experience updating our test cluster (Debian 8) from
Infernalis to Jewel.

I've update udev/systemd to the one in testing (so, from 215 to 229), and it
worked much better at reboot.

So... Are the udev rules written for the udev version in RedHat (219) or
greater versions ?

Thanks in advance :)