how ceph mon works

Hi

according to ceph docs, it recommend 3 monitors as least. All the clients will contact monitors first to get the ceph map and connect the osd.

I am curious that if I have 3 monitors, are these monitors run in master-master mode or master-slave mode?  In another word, will clients talk to any of these 3 monitors or all clients can only talk to one monitor and if that monitor is unreachable, than they talk to the second monitor?

thanks