Re: v10.1.2 Jewel release candidate release

On 14 Apr 2016, at 00:09, Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 3:02 PM, Sage Weil <sage@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

The third (and likely final) Jewel release candidate is out.  We have a
very small number of remaining blocker issues and a bit of final polish
before we publish Jewel 10.2.0, probably next week.

There are no known issues with this release that are serious enough to
warn about here.  Greg is adding some CephFS checks so that admins don't
accidentally start using less-stable features,

s/is adding/has added/

       http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/release-notes/

As noted in another thread, there's still a big CephFS warning in the
online docs. We'll be cleaning those up, since we now have the
recovery tools we desire! Some things are known to still be slow or
sub-optimal, but we consider CephFS stable and safe at this time when
run in the default single-MDS configuration. (It won't let you do
anything bad without very explicitly setting flags and acknowledging
they're dangerous.)
:)
-Greg

Hi Greg,

A clarification:

When you say that things will be safe in “single-MDS” configuration, do you also exclude the HA setup with one active MDS and some passive (standby) ones? Or this would be safe as well?

Vincenzo Pii | TERALYTICS
DevOps Engineer