Re: Deprecating ext4 support

On Tue, 12 Apr 2016, Jan Schermer wrote:
> I'd like to raise these points, then
>
> 1) some people (like me) will never ever use XFS if they have a choice
> given no choice, we will not use something that depends on XFS
Huh ?

> 3) doesn't majority of Ceph users only care about RBD?
Well, half users does
The other half, including myself, are using radosgw

> Finally, remember you *are* completely free to run Ceph on whatever file
> system you want--and many do.
Yep

About the "ext4 support" stuff, the wiki was pretty clear : you *can*
use ext4, but you *should* use xfs
This is why, despite I mostly run ext4, my OSD are built upon xfs.

So, I think it is a good idea to disable ext4 testing, and make the wiki
more expressive about that.
Beyond that point, as Sage said, people can you whatever FS they want