Ceph upgrade questions

Hello all,

We are currently running ceph version 0.80.11 on Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS.

I would like to upgrade the cluster so that we can stay a little more current on the releases and hopefully take advantage of some of the exciting new features coming out soon.

My questions are:

1)Which version of ceph is considered the most stable at this point (I assume we should be looking at either Hammer or Infernalis)?

2)It looks like we have the option of going from firefly directly to hammer or going from firefly to giant then to hammer.  I am wondering if anyone who has already been through this already, has any information on which path is likely to produce the the least number of issues for us moving forward.

3)It looks like 12.04 is no longer supported after hammer...I am wondering if it would be better to upgrade to 14.04 then start to upgrade the ceph cluster...or should I upgrade to hammer then move onto ubuntu upgrades from there?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Shain

NPR | Shain Miley | Manager of Infrastructure, Digital Media | smiley@xxxxxxx | 202.513.3649