Re: ceph-disk from jewel has issues on redhat 7

Hi,

Is there a tracker for this? We just hit the same problem on 10.0.5.

Cheers, Dan

# rpm -q ceph
ceph-10.0.5-0.el7.x86_64

# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)

# ceph-disk -v prepare /dev/sdc
DEBUG:ceph-disk:get_dm_uuid /dev/sdc uuid path is /sys/dev/block/8:32/dm/uuid
DEBUG:ceph-disk:get_dm_uuid /dev/sdc uuid path is /sys/dev/block/8:32/dm/uuid
DEBUG:ceph-disk:get_dm_uuid /dev/sdc uuid path is /sys/dev/block/8:32/dm/uuid
INFO:ceph-disk:Running command: /usr/bin/ceph-osd --cluster=ceph
--show-config-value=fsid
INFO:ceph-disk:Running command: /usr/bin/ceph-conf --cluster=ceph
--name=osd. --lookup osd_mkfs_type
INFO:ceph-disk:Running command: /usr/bin/ceph-conf --cluster=ceph
--name=osd. --lookup osd_mkfs_options_xfs
INFO:ceph-disk:Running command: /usr/bin/ceph-conf --cluster=ceph
--name=osd. --lookup osd_fs_mkfs_options_xfs
INFO:ceph-disk:Running command: /usr/bin/ceph-conf --cluster=ceph
--name=osd. --lookup osd_mount_options_xfs
INFO:ceph-disk:Running command: /usr/bin/ceph-osd --cluster=ceph
--show-config-value=osd_journal_size
INFO:ceph-disk:Running command: /usr/bin/ceph-conf --cluster=ceph
--name=osd. --lookup osd_cryptsetup_parameters
INFO:ceph-disk:Running command: /usr/bin/ceph-conf --cluster=ceph
--name=osd. --lookup osd_dmcrypt_key_size
INFO:ceph-disk:Running command: /usr/bin/ceph-conf --cluster=ceph
--name=osd. --lookup osd_dmcrypt_type
DEBUG:ceph-disk:get_dm_uuid /dev/sdc uuid path is /sys/dev/block/8:32/dm/uuid
INFO:ceph-disk:Will colocate journal with data on /dev/sdc
DEBUG:ceph-disk:get_dm_uuid /dev/sdc uuid path is /sys/dev/block/8:32/dm/uuid
DEBUG:ceph-disk:get_dm_uuid /dev/sdc uuid path is /sys/dev/block/8:32/dm/uuid
DEBUG:ceph-disk:Creating journal partition num 2 size 20480 on /dev/sdc
INFO:ceph-disk:Running command: /usr/sbin/sgdisk --new=2:0:20480M
--change-name=2:ceph journal
--partition-guid=2:aa23e07d-e6b3-4261-a236-c0565971d88d
--typecode=2:45b0969e-9b03-4f30-b4c6-b4b80ceff106 --mbrtogpt --
/dev/sdc
The operation has completed successfully.
DEBUG:ceph-disk:Calling partprobe on prepared device /dev/sdc
INFO:ceph-disk:Running command: /usr/bin/udevadm settle
INFO:ceph-disk:Running command: /usr/sbin/partprobe /dev/sdc
Error: Error informing the kernel about modifications to partition
/dev/sdc2 -- Device or resource busy.  This means Linux won't know
about any changes you made to /dev/sdc2 until you reboot -- so you
shouldn't mount it or use it in any way before rebooting.
Error: Failed to add partition 2 (Device or resource busy)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/ceph-disk", line 3528, in <module>
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/sbin/ceph-disk", line 3482, in main
    args.func(args)
  File "/usr/sbin/ceph-disk", line 1817, in main_prepare
    luks=luks
  File "/usr/sbin/ceph-disk", line 1447, in prepare_journal
    return prepare_journal_dev(data, journal, journal_size,
journal_uuid, journal_dm_keypath, cryptsetup_parameters, luks)
  File "/usr/sbin/ceph-disk", line 1401, in prepare_journal_dev
    raise Error(e)
__main__.Error: Error: Command '['/usr/sbin/partprobe', '/dev/sdc']'
returned non-zero exit status 1