Re: cephx capabilities to forbid rbd creation

Perhaps something like this?

mon 'allow r' osd 'allow class-read object_prefix rbd_children, allow r class-read object_prefix rbd_directory, allow rwx object_prefix rbd_header., allow rwx object_prefix rbd_data., allow rwx object_prefix rbd_id.'

As Greg mentioned, this won't stop you from just creating random objects in the pool that match the substrings list in the cap, but it will prevent you from creating new images.

--

Jason Dillaman
Red Hat Ceph Storage Engineering