Re: Infernalis 9.2.1 MDS crash

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Florent B <florent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi John and thank you for your explanations :)
>
> It could be a network issue.
>
> MDS should respawn, but "ceph-mds" process was no more running after
> last log message, so I deduced it crashed...

Hmm, that's worth investigating.  You can induce the MDS to respawn
itself by simply doing "ceph mds fail <id>", or "ceph tell mds.<id>
respawn"

Can you play around and see if it's consistently failing to respawn,
and if you can see any extra evidence, maybe try running the MDS in
the foreground to make it easier to see any output ("ceph-mds -i <id>
-f -d")

John