Re: rbd cache did not help improve performance

thanks, with your help, I set the read ahead parameter. What is the cache parameter for kernel module rbd?
Such as:
1) what is the cache size?
2) Does it support write back?
3) Will read ahead be disabled if max bytes has been read into cache? (similar the concept as "rbd_readahead_disable_after_bytes".

thanks again.

As Tom stated, RBD cache only works if your client is using librbd (KVM clients for instance).
Using the kernel RBD client, one of the parameter you can tune to optimize sequential read is increasing /sys/class/block/rbd4/queue/read_ahead_kb

Adrien