Re: State of Ceph documention

Hello,

On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 15:59:51 +1100 Nigel Williams wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 3:10 PM, Christian Balzer <chibi@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Then we come to a typical problem for fast evolving SW like Ceph,
> > things that are not present in older versions.
>

> I was going to post on this too (I had similar frustrations), and would
> like to propose that a move to splitting the documentation by versions:
>
> OLD
> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rados/operations/cache-tiering/
>

> NEW
> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/hammer/rados/operations/cache-tiering/
>
> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/infernalis/rados/operations/cache-tiering/
>
> http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/jewel/rados/operations/cache-tiering/

Yup, that's a nice approach and besides Postgres Ganeti and MySQL uses that
setup as well, at the top of my mind.

Given that backports in the past have introduced new features
(osd_scrub_sleep comes to mind), an even finer grained split by actual
version number might be called for.

Christian

chibi@xxxxxxx   	Global OnLine Japan/Rakuten Communications
http://www.gol.com/