Re: Can not disable rbd cache

> > Let's start from the top. Where are you stuck with [1]? I have noticed
> > that after evicting all the objects with RBD that one object for each
> > active RBD is still left, I think this is the head object.
> Precisely.
> That came up in my extensive tests as well.

Is this in reference to the RBD image header object (i.e. XYZ.rbd or rbd_header.XYZ)? The cache tier doesn't currently support evicting objects that are being watched.  This guard was added to the OSD because it wasn't previously possible to alert clients that a watched object had encountered an error (such as it no longer exists in the cache tier).  Now that Hammer (and later) librbd releases will reconnect the watch on error (eviction), perhaps this guard can be loosened [1].

[1] http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/14865

--

Jason