Antw: Re: plain upgrade hammer to infernalis?

>>> Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Montag, 8. Februar 2016 um
19:10:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Dzianis Kahanovich
> <mahatma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I want to know about plain (not systemd, no deployment tools, only own
> simple
>> "start-stop-daemon" scripts under Gentoo) upgrade hammer to infernalis and see
>> no recommendations. Can I simple node-by-node mon+mds+osd's restart or need
> some
>> strict behaviour global per-service restart?
>>
>> PS "setuser match path = /var/lib/ceph/$type/$cluster-$id" added to config.
>
> All the upstream testing in order upgrades the monitors, then the
> OSDs, then RGW/clients/MDSes. Other than that you should be good just
> restarting processes, yes.
> -Greg

Hello,

when updating the clients after the cluster nodes would that increase the
probability for issues regarding missing features so that clients with older
ceph versions will be disconnected by the updated cluster?

Are new features activated automatically during a cluster update?

Regards

Steffen

--
Klinik-Service Neubrandenburg GmbH