Bottleneck in master region/zone. Replication among regions.

Hello,

I have several questions about bottleneck and replication. Could you help me please?

1. Is master region/zone a bottleneck?
If I have understood correctly there is can be only one master region and only one master zone in a whole system.

Region is the logical geographic area: country
Zone is the logical grouping of one or more Ceph Object Gateway Instance(s): Data center.
Ceph Object Gateway Instance: just a server in some DC.

Lets imagine that we have two DC in US (east and west),
two DC in Europe and two DC in Asia.

US - Master Region
Europe, Asia - Secondary Regions

US-east - Master Zone
US-west - Secondary Zone

And we have several instances in Master Zone:
US-east-1
US-east-2
US-east-3

In this situation people from west of US must write object in US-east and then this objects must be replicated back to the US-west. Something illogical. We just waste users time and DC in US-east will be much more loaded than all others DC in US.

Okey, we can change our strategy:
US-east - Master Region
US-west, Europe, Asia - Secondary Regions

This situation looks better but here new problems:
1) US-west, Europe, Asia will always copy data only from US-east, it will load our master DC (zone) in US-east.
2) I think it is little bit long to copy metadata through the ocean.

2. Also I haven't find information about replication between regions. Is it possible replicate real data (objects) among several regions?
Like in this situation:
Somebody writes an object in US-east and after some time another guy read this object not from US-east but from Europe.

3. The last question I have is: Should we choose an instance when we write objects in a master zone or there is mechanism like round robin?

Sincerely, Alexandr