Re: Separate hosts for osd and its journal

Thanks for all the help on this!

Regards,
Mavis

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 6:00 PM, Bill Sanders <billysanders@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Going in a tiny bit more detail to what Michał said, one of the key
reasons for having the journal (in particular, to use SSD's) is to
reduce latency on writes (the other being a replay in the event of a
crash).  Even if the functionality existed, adding a network trip to
this would be detrimental :)

Bill