Need help on benchmarking new erasure coding

Hi,

I've been developing a new array type of erasure code.

I'll be glad if you can send me few pointers for the two following items:
(1) Required CRUSH map for Array code, e.g. RAID-DP or MSR erasure code.
It is different than normal RS(n, k) or LRC code. For example, for RAID-DP or RDP (n, k) erasure code, the codeword has k*(k+m) blocks. Question is how to place these blocks in n device mapped as OSDs?
Could you Pl. suggests...

(2) How to measure the recovery time of a failed OSD in cluster. Is there any script available
that will perform it and generate the final result?

Thanks,
Syed Abid Hussain
NetApp India