Re: ceph random read performance is better than sequential read?

If testing with fio and librbd, you may also find that increasing the thresholds for RBD readahead will help significantly. Specifically, set "rbd readahead disable after bytes" to 0 so rbd readahead stays enabled. In most cases with buffered reads on a real client volume, rbd readahead isn't necessary, but with fio and the librbd engine this can make a big difference, especially with newstore.

Mark