Re: Ceph + Libvirt + QEMU-KVM

Hi Marius,

with ceph rdb, it looks can support qcow2 as well as per its document: - http://docs.ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/qemu-rbd/
--
Important The raw data format is really the only sensible format option to use with RBD. Technically, you could use other QEMU-supported formats (such as qcow2 or vmdk), but doing so would add additional overhead, and would also render the volume unsafe for virtual machine live migration when caching (see below) is enabled.
---

without having qcow2, the qemu-kvm cannot make snapshot and other features.... anyone have ideas or experiences on this?
thank you!