Re: OSD behavior, in case of its journal disk (either HDD or SSD) failure

Le 25/01/2016 15:28, Mihai Gheorghe a écrit :
As far as i know you will not lose data, but it will be unaccessable
untill you bring the journal back online.

http://www.sebastien-han.fr/blog/2014/11/27/ceph-recover-osds-after-ssd-journal-failure/

After this, we should be able to restart the OSDs and wait for recovery.

Never done this, anyone has experience to share?

<mailto:Daniel.Schwager@xxxxxxxx>>:

    Hi,
    > ok...OSD stop. Any reason why OSD stop ( I assume if journal disk
    > fails, OSD should work as no journal. Isn't it?)

    No. In my understanding - if a journal fails, all the attached (to
    this Journal HDD) OSD's fails also.

    E.g. if you have 4 OSD's with the 4 journals's located on one
    SSD-hard disk, the failure of this SSD
    will crash/fail also your 4 OSD's.

    regards
    Danny