Re: Ceph monitors 100% full filesystem, refusing start

On 01/20/2016 04:25 PM, Joao Eduardo Luis wrote:
> On 01/20/2016 03:15 PM, Wido den Hollander wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have an issue with a (not in production!) Ceph cluster which I'm
>> trying to resolve.
>>
>> On Friday the network links between the racks failed and this caused all
>> monitors to loose connection.
>>
>> Their leveldb stores kept growing and they are currently 100% full. They
>> all have a few hunderd MB left.
>
> I'm incredibly curious to know what was written to leveldb to bring it
> to grow unbounded. Did the monitors hold quorum? I'm guessing that would
> be a 'no', given the network failure you mentioned, hence my morbid
> curiosity in figuring out what happened there.

Yes, quorum got lost. Monitors are in different racks and the core
switching failed. Since it was pre-production people didn't notice until
Tuesday.

> If you don't mind, running a 'ceph-kvstore-tool /path/to/store.db
> leveldb list > /tmp/store.dump' could, maybe, shed some light on this
> issue (at least it will dump all the keys, and maybe something will be
> obvious, don't know). I'd certainly be interested in taking a look at
> those stores if you don't mind ;)

This is a 1800 OSD cluster and a ceph-kvstore-tool <path> list shows me
a lot, but I mean, a lot of osdmaps.

I think that stuff failed horribly due to the network flapping.

Running just the list already compacted leveldb btw. I have free space
again and the monitors are starting. Waiting for them to form a quorum
again.

--
Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.