Ceph monitors 100% full filesystem, refusing start

Hello,

I have an issue with a (not in production!) Ceph cluster which I'm
trying to resolve.

On Friday the network links between the racks failed and this caused all
monitors to loose connection.

Their leveldb stores kept growing and they are currently 100% full. They
all have a few hunderd MB left.

Starting the 'compact on start' doesn't work since the FS is 100%
full.error: monitor data filesystem reached concerning levels of
available storage space (available: 0% 238 MB)
you may adjust 'mon data avail crit' to a lower value to make this go
away (default: 0%)

On of the 5 monitors is now running but that's not enough.

Any ideas how to compact this leveldb? I can't free up any more space
right now on these systems. Getting bigger disks in is also going to
take a lot of time.

Any tools outside the monitors to use here?

Keep in mind, this is a pre-production cluster. We would like to keep
the cluster and fix this as a good exercise of stuff which could go
wrong. Dangerous tools are allowed!

--
Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.