Re: SSD OSDs - more Cores or more GHz

I would say it depends on if your objective is to get as much IO out of the SSD at high queue depths or if you need very low latency at low queue depths.

For the former, more cores is better as you can spread the requests over all the cores. The later needs very fast clock speeds. Maybe something like a Xeon E3 4x 3.6hz with 1 or two SSD's per node.

Of course there are chips with lots of cores and reasonably fast clock speeds, but expect to pay a lot for them.

.