Re: cephfs - inconsistent nfs and samba directory listings

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 3:28 AM, Mike Carlson <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you for the reply Zheng
>
> We tried set mds bal frag to true, but the end result was less than
> desirable. All nfs and smb clients could no longer browse the share, they
> would hang on a directory with anything more than a few hundred files.
>
> We then tried to back out the active/active mds change, no luck, stopping
> one of the mds's (mds 1) prevented us from mounting the cephfs filesystem
>
> So we failed and removed the secondary MDS, and now our primary mds is stuck
> in a "resovle" state:
>
> # ceph -s
>     cluster cabd1728-2eca-4e18-a581-b4885364e5a4
>      health HEALTH_WARN
>             clock skew detected on mon.lts-mon
>             mds cluster is degraded
>             Monitor clock skew detected
>      monmap e1: 4 mons at
> {lts-mon=10.5.68.236:6789/0,lts-osd1=10.5.68.229:6789/0,lts-osd2=10.5.68.230:6789/0,lts-osd3=10.5.68.203:6789/0}
>             election epoch 1282, quorum 0,1,2,3
> lts-osd3,lts-osd1,lts-osd2,lts-mon
>      mdsmap e7892: 1/2/1 up {0=lts-mon=up:resolve}
>      osdmap e10183: 102 osds: 101 up, 101 in
>       pgmap v6714309: 4192 pgs, 7 pools, 31748 GB data, 23494 kobjects
>             96188 GB used, 273 TB / 367 TB avail
>                 4188 active+clean
>                    4 active+clean+scrubbing+deep
>
> Now we are really down for the count. We cannot get our MDS back up in an
> active state and none of our data is accessible.

you can't remove active mds this way, you need to:

1. make sure all active mds are running
2. run 'ceph mds set max_mds 1'
3. run 'ceph mds stop 1'

step 3 changes the second mds's state to stopping. Wait a while, the
second mds will go to standby state. Occasionally, the second MDS can
stuck in stopping state. If it happens, restart all MDS, then repeat
step 3.

Regards
Yan, Zheng