Re: cephfs - inconsistent nfs and samba directory listings

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Mike Carlson <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Since we upgraded to Infernalis last, we have noticed a severe problem with
> cephfs when we have it shared over Samba and NFS
>
> Directory listings are showing an inconsistent view of the files:
>

> $ ls /lts-mon/BD/xmlExport/ | wc -l
>      100
> $ sudo umount /lts-mon
> $ sudo mount /lts-mon
> $ ls /lts-mon/BD/xmlExport/ | wc -l
>     3507
>

> The only work around I have found is un-mounting and re-mounting the nfs
> share, that seems to clear it up
> Same with samba, I'd post it here but its thousands of lines. I can add
> additional details on request.
>
> This happened after our upgrade to infernalis. Is it possible the MDS is in
> an inconsistent state?

So this didn't happen to you until after you upgraded? Are you seeing
missing files when looking at cephfs directly, or only over the
NFS/Samba re-exports? Are you also sharing Samba by re-exporting the
kernel cephfs mount?

Zheng, any ideas about kernel issues which might cause this or be more
visible under infernalis?
-Greg