From: "Rafael Lopez" <rafael.lopez@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Shinobu Kinjo" <skinjo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Andy Allan" <gravitystorm@xxxxxxxxx>, ceph-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 7:20:37 AM
Subject: Re:  double rebalance when removing osd

I removed some osds from a host yesterday using the reweight method and it
worked well. There was only one rebalance and then I could perform the rest
of the documented removal steps immediately with no further recovery. I
reweighted to 0.0.

Shinobu, can you explain why you have found 0.2 is better than 0.0? What
happens when you use 0.2 and what happens when you use 0.0 ?

Rafael

On 12 January 2016 at 09:13, Shinobu Kinjo <skinjo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Based on my research, 0.2 is better than 0.0.
> Probably it depends though.
>
>  > ceph osd crush reweight osd.X 0.0
>
> Rgds,
> Shinobu

Senior Storage Engineer - Automation and Delivery
Infrastructure Services - eSolutions
738 Blackburn Rd, Clayton
Monash University 3800
Telephone:    +61 3 9905 9118 <%2B61%203%209905%9118>
Mobile:       +61 4 27 682 670
Email         rafael.lopez@xxxxxxxxxx