Better to use CephFS if you want Ceph at the bottom or to just use iSCSI luns under ocfs2.

Regards,

Ric

On 01/04/2016 10:28 AM, Srinivasula Maram wrote:

My point is rbd device should support SCSI reservation, so that OCFS can take write lock while write on particular client to avoid corruption.

Thanks,

Srinivas

*From:*gjprabu [mailto:gjprabu@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
*Sent:* Monday, January 04, 2016 1:40 PM
*To:* Srinivasula Maram
*Cc:* Somnath Roy; ceph-users; Siva Sokkumuthu
*Subject:* RE:  OSD size and performance

Hi Srinivas,

Our cause OCFS2 is not directly interacting with SCSI. Here we have ceph Storage that is mounted to many client system using OCFS2. More ever ocfs2 support SCSI.

https://blogs.oracle.com/wim/entry/what_s_up_with_ocfs2

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7809/

Regards

Prabu

---- On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 12:46:48 +0530 *Srinivasula Maram <Srinivasula.Maram@xxxxxxxxxxx>*wrote ----

    I doubt rbd driver will not support SCSI Reservation to mount the same rbd
    across multiple clients with OCFS ?

    Generally underlying devices(here  rbd) should have SCSI reservation
    support for cluster file system.

    Thanks,

    Srinivas