Also while taking backup from client some time hang. Do we need to take backup for safer side from client because we have 3 OSD with replica 2.

Regards
Prabu

---- On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 11:33:20 +0530 Somnath Roy <Somnath.Roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote ----

FYI , we are using 8TB SSD drive as OSD and not seeing any problem so far. Failure domain could be a concern for bigger OSDs.

Thanks & Regards

Somnath

From: ceph-users [mailto:ceph-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of gjprabu
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 9:38 PM
To: ceph-users
Cc: Siva Sokkumuthu
Subject: Re: OSD size and performance

Hi Team,

         Anybody please clarify the below queries.

Regards

Prabu

---- On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 13:03:45 +0530 gjprabu <gjprabu@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote ----

Hi Team,

We are using ceph with 3 osd and 2 replicas. Each osd size is 13TB and current data is reached to 2.5TB (each osd). Because of this huge size do we face any problem.

OSD server configuration

Hard disk -- 13TB

RAM -- 96GB

CPU -- 2 CPU with multi 8 core processor.

Regards

Prabu