Re: cephfs, low performances

olc, I think you haven't posted in the ceph-users list.

On 31/12/2015 15:39, olc wrote:

> Same model _and_ same firmware (`smartctl -i /dev/sdX | grep Firmware`)? As far as I've been told, this can make huge differences.

Good idea indeed. I have checked, the versions are the same. Finally, after
some tests, I think I have probably made a mistake because now I have identical
performances on the disks (~192 iops SYNC IO O_DIRECT).

> Don't know how important it and if it is relevant in your case is but transfer rate is supposed better when data are located at the periphery of the platters than when they are located at the core of the platters.

Yes indeed, but in my case the spinning hard drives have only one
partition. Only the SSD have several partitions.

Regard.

--
François Lafont