Create one millon empty files with cephfs

Hi,

We create one millon empty files through filebench, here is the test env:

MDS: one  MDS

MON: one  MON

OSD: two OSD , each with one Intel P3700; data on OSD with 2x replica

NetWork: all the nodes are connectted through 10 gigabit network

We use more than one client to create files, to test the scalability of MDS. Here are the results:

IOPS under one client: 850

IOPS under two client: 1150

IOPS under four client: 1180

As we can see,the IOPS almost maintains unchanged when the number of client increase from 2 to 4.

Cephfs may have a low scalability under one MDS, and we think its the big lock in MDSDamon::ms_dispatch()::Mutex::locker(every request acquires this lock), who limits the scalability of MDS.

We think this big lock could be removed through the following steps:

1. separate the process of ClientRequest with other requests, so we can parallel the process of ClientRequest

2. use some small granularity locks instead of big lock to ensure consistency

Wondering this idea is reasonable ?

thanks