Re: rbd image mount on multiple clients

Hi Dan ,

When we say "mount" we are usually referring to a file system. Mounting a non shared filesystem on multiple hosts concurrently will certainly break things since each non shared filesystem host thinks it has exclusive access. Of course this is not true if a shared / clustered filesystem is deployed.

If what you mean is "map" a RBD device to multiple hosts concurrently then of course this by itself is fine. It's just a block device.

However it's what you do above the block layer that matters.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
Wade