Re: does anyone know what xfsaild and kworker are?they make osd disk busy. produce 100-200iops per osd disk?

On 2015年12月03日 04:01, Somnath Roy wrote:
> I think each write will create 2 objects (512 KB head object + rest of the contents)  if your object size > 512KB. Also, it is writing some xattrs on top of what OSD is writing. Don't take my word blindly as I am not fully familiar with  RGW:-)
> This will pollute significant number of INODE I guess..
> But, I think the effect will be much more severe in case of RBD partial random write case.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Somnath

The metadata flushing is really very expensive for a SATA HDD, and it
goes worse for my small production cluster:(

I tweak the WBThrottle options (specifically the param
'filestore_wbthrottle_xfs_inodes_start_flusher'), and finally, the OSD
is no more suicided due to high disk usage.

Hope your wonderful PR "writepath optimization" merged into master
branch soon!

Best Regards,
flisky