Removing OSD - double rebalance?

Hi all,

I'm running ceph version 0.94.5 and I need to downsize my servers because of insufficient RAM.

So I want to remove OSDs from the cluster and according to the manual it's a pretty straightforward process: I'm beginning with "ceph osd out {osd-num}" and the cluster starts rebalancing immediately as expected. After the process is finished, the rest should be quick: Stop the daemon "/etc/init.d/ceph stop osd.{osd-num}" and remove the OSD from the crush map: "ceph osd crush remove {name}"

But after entering the last command, the cluster starts rebalancing again.

And that I don't understand: Shouldn't be one rebalancing process enough or am I missing something?

My config is pretty vanilla, except for:
[osd]
osd recovery max active = 4
osd max backfills = 4

Thanks in advance,