Re: ceph and cache pools?

Florian,

Check your cephx auth to make sure you're allowing access to the overlay pool as well as the cold storage pool.

Bob

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 6:40 AM, Florian Rommel <florian.rommel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, I have a bit of a problem. I have a fully functioning cep cluster. Each server has an SSD drive that we would like to use as a cache pool and 6 1.7TB data drives that we would like to put as erasure coded drive.

Yes I would ike to put a cache pool overlaid to the Erasure pool.
Cep version is 0.94.
I can create both pools by applying a different ruleset. and they LOOK to be ok. But as soon as I overlay the cache pool, I cannot access any pool at all . red create -s 1024 -p test merely sits there doing nothing. on the cep servers there is no response.
If i create a replicated pool out of the SSD disks or the SATA disks, red works fine.

doing an osd tree gives the correct drive list and even separates suds from the rest, so its all good there.

If there something specific i need to do about the overlay pool? I did set the hit flag to bloom etc.. just like it is described on ceph.com .. still no dice.

Does anyone here have a setup like this and can give me a hand?

So multiple servers, each with 1 SSD and multiple other drives that are marked for erasure pool usage.

Thank you and best regards,
//Florian