Re: CEPH over SW-RAID

SW-RAID doesn't help with bit-rot if that's what you're afraid of.
If you are afraid bit-rot you need to use a fully checksumming filesystem like ZFS.
Ceph doesn't help there either when using replicas - not sure how strong error detection+correction is in EC-type pools.

The only thing I can suggest (apart from using ZFS) is getting drives that have a higher BER rating so bit-rot isn't as likely to occur.

Jan