CEPH over SW-RAID

Hi guys ...

Is there any advantage in running CEPH over a Linux SW-RAID to avoid data corruption due to disk bad blocks?

Can we just rely on the scrubbing feature of CEPH? Can we live without an underlying layer that avoids hardware problems to be passed to CEPH?

I have a setup where I put one OSD per node and I have a 2 disk raid-1 setup. Is it a good option or it would be better if I had 2 OSDs, one in each disk? If I had one OSD per disk, I would have to increase the number os replicas to guarantee enough replicas if one node goes down.

Thanks a lot.
Jose Tavares