Re: all pgs of erasure coded pool stuck stale

On 13/11/15 19:14, Gregory Farnum wrote:
Somebody else will need to do the diagnosis, but it'll help them if
you can get logs with "debug ms = 1", "debug osd = 20" in the log.

Based on the required features update in the crush map, it looks like
maybe you've upgraded some of your OSDs — is that a thing happening
right now? Perhaps you upgraded some of your OSDs, but not the ones
that just rebooted, and when they went down the cluster upgraded its
required feature set?
Hi Greg,
We weren't upgrading the OSDs, but because you mentioned the crushmap, I checked if something changed there.. We are building the crushmap ourselves from config, and due to a faulty refactoring in our config I wasn't aware of, 'chooseleaf' was changed to 'choose' in the rule for the ECpool. Switching this back made our OSDS go in replay and eventually become clean again.

Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Kenneth

-Greg

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 8:12 AM, Kenneth Waegeman