Re: Understanding the number of TCP connections between clients and OSDs

Hope this will be helpful..

Total connections per osd = (Target PGs per osd) * (# of pool replicas)

* 3 + (2 #clients) + (min_hb_peer)

# of pool replicas = configurable, default is 3

3 = is number of data communication messengers (cluster, hb_backend,

hb_frontend)

min_hb_peer = default is 20 I guess..

Total number connections per node: total connections per osd * number of osds per node

Thanks & Regards

Somnath