Re: Understanding the number of TCP connections between clients and OSDs

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 12:27 PM, Rick Balsano <rick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just following up since this thread went silent after a few comments showing
> similar concerns, but no explanation of the behavior. Can anyone point to
> some code or documentation which explains how to estimate the expected
> number of TCP connections a client would open based on read/write volume, #
> of volumes, # of OSDs in the pool, etc?

Each RBD volume creates its own connections to the cluster. It will
clean up unused connections after enough idle time but has the
possibility of creating a connection to each OSD used in the pool
hosting the volume (ie, all the OSDs in the cluster, unless you've
partitioned them in your crush map).
-Greg