Re: BAD nvme SSD performance

On 26-10-15 14:29, Matteo Dacrema wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>

> I also tried to increase iodepth but nothing has changed.
>

> With iostat I noticed that the disk is fully utilized and write per
> seconds from iostat match fio output.

Ceph isn't fully optimized to get the maximum potential out of NVME SSDs
yet.

For example, NVM-E SSDs work best with very high queue depths and
parallel IOps.

Also, be aware that Ceph add multiple layers to the whole I/O subsystem
and that there will be a performance impact when Ceph is used in between.

Wido