Re: Problems with ceph_rest_api after update

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Jon Heese <jheese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> We are running a Ceph cluster with 3x CentOS 7 MON nodes, and after we
> updated the ceph packages on the MONs yesterday (from 0.94.3 to 0.94.4), the
> ceph_rest_api started refusing to run, giving the following error 30 seconds
> after it’s started:

Weird.  Does this work?
"ceph --id admin tell osd.0 version"

get_command_descriptions is ceph_rest_api's way of asking an OSD to
tell it what operations are supported.  It's sent from ceph_rest_api
to an OSD the same way a 'tell' command is sent from the CLI (although
you can't actually issue get_command_descriptions with the CLI).

ceph_rest_api is picking the last up OSD it can see, as an arbitrary
place to send the query, so if you have for example an up OSD that
isn't really responsive, it could cause a problem.

John