Re: Ceph journal - isn't it a bit redundant sometimes?

The hope is that with some of Somnath's work and perhaps additional future work, we might be able to make the journal a little smarter about how much data to keep and when to flush. While we are still ultimately bound by the backend disk performance, we might be able to absorb writes in a smarter way and let more coalescing happen for longer periods of time than we currently do today.