Hitsets and Cache Tiering

Hi All,

I’m just trying to get my head around the hitset behaviour in cache tiering. I’m running latest master.

If I have only a single hitset  with say a hitset_period of 60s, when does a new one get created? Doing a simple PUT test, I get the feeling that the current hitset stays for ever unless I trigger a flush/eviction after that 60s period.

Do I have the correct idea?

In case anyone is wondering I’m testing the new WriteFull  if IO=ObjectSize feature with EC pools. In some circumstances performance is really good if the pagecache submits the IO’s at the right size, but I started hitting weird promotion storms which I believe is related to the above if the tier hasn’t flushed/evicted since the expiry of the hitset.

Nick