Re: Initial performance cluster SimpleMessenger vs AsyncMessenger results

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015, Haomai Wang wrote:
> resend
>
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Haomai Wang <haomaiwang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > COOL
> >
> > Interesting that async messenger will consume more memory than simple, in my
> > mind I always think async should use less memory. I will give a look at this

Yeah.. I was surprised to see this as well.  The other conclusions
are quite promising, though!

Note that we still have a few outstanding issues with async msgr that
cropped up during the infernalis testing, so for now we're doing
just simplemessenger to get infernalis out the door.  That gives us the
balance of this next cycle until Jewel to shake out the remaining issues
so that hopefully we can make this the default for Jewel!

sage