Re: How to setup Ceph radosgw to support multi-tenancy?

Hi Shilpa,

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

My understanding of the (admittedly not officially documented) concept of default_placement should precisely be to act as the name implies if the client does *not* specify a placement. For my use-case (multi-tenancy support), relying on tenants to do this would seem rather counter-productive.

Also my version of Ceph (Firefly) seems to ignore any attempt to specify a location by the client, per [2]. This appears to have changed in later versions.

As it happens, I've figured out the cause of my problem; as per the blog, I relied on 'radosgw reload' to refresh the region. I tried a stop/start instead and that worked!

Cheers,
Christian

[2] http://docs.ceph.com/docs/v0.80/radosgw/s3/#features-support